cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Timon Wong <>
Subject Doing rolling upgrades on two DCs
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2016 09:03:36 GMT
Hello, newbie here.

Currently we are using Cassandra v2.2.1 (two DCs, naming them DC1, DC2,
respectively), and recently we have two issues:

1. Cannot adding new node due to CASSANDRA-10961
2. Cannot repair node, due to CASSANDRA-10501

We learned that we can do rolling upgrade, since we are only using one DC1
for now (DC2 is just for replica), we have following steps in mind:

1. Backup;
2. Doing upgrade on DC2. (Follows this guide:
3. Do some checks (client compatibility, etc);
4. Adding nodes to DC2 (using new Cassandra);
5. Traffic our loads to DC2;
6. Upgrading DC1.

Is that possible, or do we miss something?

Thanks in advance!

View raw message