cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jun Wu <wuxiaomi...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to get information of each read/write request?
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:20:52 GMT
Hi there,
     I'm very interested in the read/write path of Cassandra. Specifically, I'd like to know
the whole process when a read/write request comes in.
    I noticed that for reach request it could go through multiple stages. For example, for
read request, it could be in ReadStage, RequestResponseStage, ReadRepairStage. For each stage,
actually it's a queue and thread pool to serve the request.
   First question is how to track each request in which stage.    Also I'm very interested
int the waiting time for each request to be in the queue, also the total queue in each stage.
I noticed that in nodetool tpstats will have this information. However, I may want to get
the real-time information of this, like print it out in the terminal.
    I'm wondering  whether someone has hints on this.
   Thanks in advance!
Jun