cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Amit Singh F <amit.f.si...@ericsson.com>
Subject upgradesstables throws error when migrating from 2.0.14 to 2.1.13
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:31:21 GMT
Hi All,

We are in process of migrating from 2.0.14 to 2.1.13  and we are able to successfully install
binaries and make Cassandra 2.1.13 running up and fine.
But issue comes up when we try to run nodetool upgradesstables , it gets finished in few seconds
only which means it does not find any old sstables which needs to be upgraded but when I locate
sstables on disk , I can see them in old state.

Also when I try running sstableupgrade command below error is thrown:

org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Expecting URI in variable: [cassandra.config].
 Please prefix the file with file:/// for local files or file://<server>/ for remote
files. Aborting. If you are executing this from an external tool, it needs to set Config.setClientMode(true)
to avoid loading configuration.
        at org.apache.cassandra.config.YamlConfigurationLoader.getStorageConfigURL(YamlConfigurationLoader.java:73)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.13.jar:2.1.13]
        at org.apache.cassandra.config.YamlConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(YamlConfigurationLoader.java:84)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.13.jar:2.1.13]
        at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.loadConfig(DatabaseDescriptor.java:161)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.13.jar:2.1.13]
        at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:136)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.13.jar:2.1.13]
        at org.apache.cassandra.tools.StandaloneUpgrader.main(StandaloneUpgrader.java:52)
[apache-cassandra-2.1.13.jar:2.1.13]
Expecting URI in variable: [cassandra.config].  Please prefix the file with file:/// for local
files or file://<server>/ for remote files. Aborting. If you are executing this from
an external tool, it needs to set Config.setClientMode(true) to avoid loading configuration.
Fatal configuration error; unable to start. See log for stacktrace.

Also I debug in code little bit and this error is due to invalid path of Cassandra.yaml, but
I can skip this as my Cassandra node in UN state.
So can anybody provide me some pointers to look into this.

Regards
Amit Chowdhery