cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jean Tremblay <jean.tremb...@zen-innovations.com>
Subject Re: sstableloader
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:03:49 GMT
Thank you for your answer Kai.

On 17 Aug 2016, at 11:34 , Kai Wang <depend@gmail.com<mailto:depend@gmail.com>>
wrote:

yes, you are correct.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Jean Tremblay <jean.tremblay@zen-innovations.com<mailto:jean.tremblay@zen-innovations.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

I’m using Cassandra 3.7.

In the documentation for sstableloader I read the following:

<< Note: To get the best throughput from SSTable loading, you can use multiple instances
of sstableloader to stream across multiple machines. No hard limit exists on the number of
SSTables that sstableloader can run at the same time, so you can add additional loaders until
you see no further improvement.>>

Does this mean that I can stream my sstables to my cluster from many instance of sstableloader
running simultaneously on many client machines?

I ask because I would like to improve the transfer speed of my stables to my cluster.

Kind regards and thanks for your comments.

Jean