cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Johnny Miller <johnny.p.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (C)* stable version after 3.5
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 20:25:12 GMT
Hey Varun - yeah, I would stick to 3.0.x for stability reasons unless there is a feature in
the later releases you want. You should be able to upgrade directly to 3.0 from 2.1 without
going via 2.2

> On 12 Jul 2016, at 15:01, Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The only "fix" release after 3.5 is 3.7. Yet hard to say if it is more stable, we can
hope so.

> For Tic-Toc releases (on 3.X)
>
> Odd numbers are fix releases.
> Even numbers are feature releases.
>
> Not sure why you want something above 3.5, but take care, those versions are really recent,
and less tested so maybe not that "stable". If you want something more stable, I believe you
can go with 3.0.8.

> Yet I am not telling you not to do that, some people need to start testing new things
right... So if you choose 3.7 because you want some feature from there, it is perfectly ok,
just move carefully, maybe read some opened tickets and previous experiences from the community
and test the upgrade process first on a dev cluster.

> Also I am not sure if the 2.2 major version is something you can skip while upgrading
through a rolling restart. I believe you can, but it is not what is recommended. Testing will
let you know anyway.