cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Graham Sanderson <gra...@vast.com>
Subject Re: Blog post on Cassandra's inner workings and performance - feedback welcome
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 00:50:35 GMT
2 )”why more memory makes things worse” - I’d be interested to see you argue that - it
really isn’t true with big boxes. (but yes off heap is good) - we run 24 gig JVMs with 8g
new gen and never see more than a second or so STW and that is rare (but we do have lot of
-XX: options)

> On Jul 9, 2016, at 11:58 AM, daemeon reiydelle <daemeonr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I saw this really useful post a few days ago. I found the organization and presentation
quite clear and helpful (I often struggle trying to do high level comparisons of Hadoop and
Cass). Thank you!

URL (journeymonitor.com <http://journeymonitor.com/>:4000/tutorials/2016/02/29/cassandra-inner-workings-and-how-this-relates-to-performance/).

> Substantial feedback regarding the actual post still very much welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Manuel
>
> Am 09.07.2016 um 03:32 schrieb daemeon reiydelle <daemeonr@gmail.com <mailto:daemeonr@gmail.com>>:
>
>> Localhost is a special network address that never leaves the operating system. It
only goes "half way" down the IP stack. Thanks for your efforts!