cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Svihla ...@foundev.pro>
Subject Re: Is my cluster normal?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 21:49:36 GMT
Lots of variables you're leaving out.

Depends on write size, if you're using logged batch or not, what consistency level, what RF,
if the writes come in bursts, etc, etc. However, that's all sort of moot for determining "normal"
really you need a baseline as all those variables end up mattering a huge amount.

I would suggest using Cassandra stress as a baseline and go from there depending on what those
numbers say (just pick the defaults).

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 7, 2016, at 4:39 PM, Yuan Fang <yuan@kryptoncloud.com> wrote:
>
> yes, it is about 8k writes per node.
>

>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM, daemeon reiydelle <daemeonr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you saying 7k writes per node? or 30k writes per node?

>> Daemeon C.M. Reiydelle
>> USA (+1) 415.501.0198
>> London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872
>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Yuan Fang <yuan@kryptoncloud.com> wrote:
>>> writes 30k/second is the main thing.

way small) where the data is more that 64k hence will not fit into the row cache.

about 100/second. The cluster OS load constantly above 10. Are those normal?