cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Justin Lin <linjianfeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Transaction failed because of timeout, retry failed because of the first try actually succeeded.
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 00:11:43 GMT
Hi everyone,

I recently encountered a problem wrt light weight transaction. My query is
to insert a row to a table if the row doesn't exist. It goes like this:

Insert Into mytable (key, col1, col2) Value("key1", 1, 2) If Not Exist

My case is the driver somehow gets time out from waiting for coordinator to
response, but the transaction actually succeeded. So my code retry the
query and failed.

This is not an idempotent write, so the retry might be a bad idea. And
honestly this is not a cassandra issue. But i wonder if anyone in the
community ever had this problem before and how would you recommend to solve
it?

Thanks

--
come on