cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Stevens <>
Subject Re: Issue in internode encryption in cassandra
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 13:39:13 GMT
Those ciphers are not available on Java 6, on the off chance that you're
trying to run Cassandra on that (you'll run into other troubles).

The more likely problem is that I think those ciphers are only available if
you install the Unlimited Strength JCE policy files in your JVM on each
node.  Double check that that's available universally in your cluster.

To test you can borrow this code from Atlassian:
Run this on each machine in your cluster with

Compare the output to be certain the same ciphers are available everywhere.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 4:45 AM Ashwini Mhatre (asmhatre) <> wrote:

> Hi ,
> I am using internode encryption in cassandra, with self signed CA it works
> fine. but with other product CA m getting this error "Filtering out
> isnt supported by the socket”
> Thank you.
> Regards,
> Ashwini Mhatre