cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Haddad <>
Subject Re: Cassandra stable version for production
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 23:41:30 GMT
If I were starting a new project today, I'd go with 3.0.  It's gotten over
half a year of bug fixes.

I personally would have a hard time putting a tick tock release into
production, as you're either getting new features or putting a version in
which won't receive any further bug fixes, so unless you're ready to dive
into code or backport patches (or upgrade every month thereafter to get
bugfixes in addition to new features) 3.0 is probably your best bet.

Julien Anguenot talks a little bit about migrating his cluster to 3.0 here:

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:33 PM Farzad Panahi <>

> Hi,
> I am new to Cassandra and a bit confused about how versioning works here.
> I have recently started working on Cassandra clusters. I want to create a
> Cassandra cluster and make it ready for production but I am not sure which
> version is the right one. Some people mention that the most stable version
> is 2.2 but when I look at Cassandra's download page it says that ver 2.2
> will be supported till November 2016 which does not look like a good
> candidate for a new cluster.
> So is the tick-tock release 3.7 stable enough for production or should I
> go with 3.0 or 2.2? Which one is the most robust and reliable one for
> production?
> I appreciate if the community can share their thoughts.
> Cheers
> Farzad

View raw message