cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Kiessling <kiessling.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blog post on Cassandra's inner workings and performance - feedback welcome
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 06:59:01 GMT
Yes, the joke's on me. It was a copy&paste error, and I've since posted the correct URL
(journeymonitor.com:4000/tutorials/2016/02/29/cassandra-inner-workings-and-how-this-relates-to-performance/).

Substantial feedback regarding the actual post still very much welcome.

Regards,
Manuel

> Am 09.07.2016 um 03:32 schrieb daemeon reiydelle <daemeonr@gmail.com>:
>
> Localhost is a special network address that never leaves the operating system. It only
goes "half way" down the IP stack. Thanks for your efforts!

> Daemeon C.M. Reiydelle
> USA (+1) 415.501.0198
> London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872
>
>> On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Joaquin Alzola <Joaquin.Alzola@lebara.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Manuel
>>

>> I think localhost will not work for people on the internet.
>>

>> BR
>>

>> Joaquin

Manuel Kiessling
>> Sent: 07 July 2016 14:12
>> To: user@cassandra.apache.org
>> Subject: Blog post on Cassandra's inner workings and performance - feedback welcome
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently in the process of understanding the inner workings of Cassandra with
regards to network and local storage mechanisms and operations. In order to do so, I've written
a blog post about it which is now in a "first final" version.

>> Any feedback, especially corrections regarding misunderstandings on my side, would
be highly appreciated. The post really represents my very subjective view on how Cassandra
works under the hood, which makes it prone to errors of course.

>> You can access the current version at http://localhost:4000/tutorials/2016/02/29/cassandra-inner-workings-and-how-this-relates-to-performance/
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>>
>>  Manuel
>>
>> This email is confidential and may be subject to privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not copy or disclose its content but contact the sender immediately upon
receipt.