cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Romain Hardouin <romainh...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Open source equivalents of OpsCenter
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 09:18:20 GMT
Hi Juho,
Out of curiosity, which stack did you use to make your dashboard?
Romain
    Le Jeudi 14 juillet 2016 10h43, Juho Mäkinen <juho.makinen@gmail.com> a écrit
:

 I'm doing some work on replacing OpsCenter in out setup. I ended creating a Docker container
which contains the following features:
 - Cassandra 2.2.7 - MX4J (a JMX to REST bridge) as a java-agent - metrics-graphite-3.1.0.jar
(export some but not all JMX to graphite) - a custom ruby which uses MX4J to export some
JMX metrics to graphite which we don't otherwise get.
With this I will get all our cassandra instances and their JMX exposed data to graphite, which
allows us to use Grafana and Graphite to draw pretty dashboards.
In addition I started writing some code which currently provides the following features: -
A dashboard which provides a similar ring view what OpsCenter does, with onMouseOver features
to display more info on each node. - Simple HTTP GET/POST based api to do    - Setup a
new non-vnode based cluster    - Get a JSON blob on cluster information, all its tokens,
machines and so on    - Api for new cluster instances so that they can get a token slot
from the ring when they boot.    - Option to kill a dead node and mark its slot for replace,
so the new booting node can use cassandra.replace_address option.
The node is not yet packaged in any way for distribution and some parts depend on our Chef
installation, but if there's interest I can publish at least some parts from it.
 - Garo