cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kovgan <peter.kov...@ebsbrokertec.com>
Subject RE: how to force cassandra-stress to actually generate enough data
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 08:33:46 GMT
Thank you, guys.
I will try all proposals.
The limitation, mentioned by Benedict, is huge.
But anyway, there is something to do around.....

From: Peter Kovgan
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:25 PM
To: 'user@cassandra.apache.org'
Subject: how to force cassandra-stress to actually generate enough data

Hi,

The cassandra-stress is not helping really to populate the disk sufficiently.

I tried several table structures, providing

cluster: UNIFORM(1..10000000000)  on clustering parts of the PK.

Partition part of PK makes about 660 000 partitions.

The hope was create enough cells in a row, make the row really WIDE.

No matter what I tried, does no matter how long it runs, I see maximum 2-3 SSTables per node
and maximum 300Mb of data per node.

(I have 6 nodes and very active 400 threads stress)

It looks, like It is impossible to make the row really wide and disk really full.

Is it intentional?

I mean, if there was an intention to avoid really wide rows, why there is no hint on this
in docs?

Do you have similar experience and do you know how resolve that?

Thanks.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
This communication and all or some of the information contained therein may be confidential
and is subject to our Terms and Conditions. If you have received this
communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender
immediately. Unless specifically indicated, this communication is
not a confirmation, an offer to sell or solicitation of any offer to buy any financial product,
or an official statement of ICAP or its affiliates.
Non-Transactable Pricing Terms and Conditions apply to any non-transactable pricing provided.
All terms and conditions referenced herein available
at www.icapterms.com. Please notify us by reply message if this link does not work.