cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Fong <michael.f...@ruckuswireless.com>
Subject Schema Disagreement vs Nodetool resetlocalschema
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 03:20:43 GMT
Hi,

We have recently encountered several schema disagreement issue while upgrading Cassandra.
In one of the cases, the 2-node cluster idled for over 30 minutes and their schema remain
unsynced. Due to other logic flows, Cassandra cannot be restarted, and hence we need to come
up an alternative on-the-fly. We are thinking to do a nodetool resetlocalschema to force the
schema synchronization. How safe is this method? Do we need to disable thrift/gossip protocol
before performing this function, and enable them back after resync completes?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Michael Fong