cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jun Wu <wuxiaomi...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to print out the metrics information, like compaction and garbage collection?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 21:17:58 GMT
Hi there,
   I've deployed 6 node in Amazon EC2. I'm trying to monitor some metrics for each node and
print them out when I write/read data into Cassandra. Specifically I want to print out the
information about garbage collection and compaction.
   I do notice that there's metrics for compaction in o.a.c.metrics. CompactionMetrics.java.
But I don't know how to get them, I've tried method below:      CompactionMetrics metrics
= new CompactionMetrics();   System.out.println(metrics.pendingtasks);
   But it doesn't work.
    *************  Another/same question is about the garbage collection, any idea on where
should I refer to and get the information about garbage collection, like garbage collection
count, collection time, etc.
   Any hint will be appreciated.
    Thanks!
Jun