cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Vlad <qa23d-...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Incremental repairs in 3.0
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:34:34 GMT
Thanks for answer!

>It may still be a good idea to manually migrate if you have a sizable amount of dataNo,
it would be brand new ;-) 3.0 cluster

    On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:21 AM, Bryan Cheng <bryan@blockcypher.com> wrote:

 Sorry, meant to say "therefore manual migration procedure should be UNnecessary"
On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Bryan Cheng <bryan@blockcypher.com> wrote:

I don't use 3.x so hopefully someone with operational experience can chime in, however my
understanding is: 1) Incremental repairs should be the default in the 3.x release branch and
2) sstable repairedAt is now properly set in all sstables as of 2.2.x for standard repairs
and therefore manual migration procedure should be necessary. It may still be a good idea
to manually migrate if you have a sizable amount of data and are using LCS as anticompaction
is rather painful.