cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ashic Mahtab <>
Subject Repair schedules for new clusters
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 06:50:16 GMT
Hi All,My previous cassandra clusters had moderate loads, and I'd simply schedule full repairs
at different times in the week (but on the same day). That seemed to work ok, but was redundant.
In my current project, I'm going to need to care about repair times a lot more, and was wondering
what would be the best way to go about it. I have a few questions around this:
* This would be a brand new cluster, and as such, was wondering if I could simply turn on
incremental repair from the get go.* I would then run nodetool repair -pr -par -inc once a
week on every node at (roughly) the same time once a week. I'd do this with a cron job / external
scheduler.* If I were to replace a node, or one rejoins after being absent for longer than
the grace period, I'd run a full repair on that node.
Does this sound reasonable? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?
View raw message