cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Reik Schatz <reik.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject tuning repairs and compaction options
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 07:47:35 GMT
Hi, we are running a 9 node cluster under load. The nodes are running in
EC2 on i2.2xlarge instances. Cassandra version is 2.2.4. One node was down
yesterday for more than 3 hours. So we manually started an incremental
repair this morning via nodetool (anti-entropy repair?)

What we can see is that user CPU on that node goes up to over 95% and also
goes up on all other nodes. Also the number of SSTables is exploding, I
guess due to anticompaction.

What are my tuning options to have a more gentle repair behaviour? Which
settings should I look at if I want CPU to stay below 50% for instance. My
worry is always to impact the read/write performance during times when we
do anti-entropy repairs.

Cheers,
Reik