cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <john.eric.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C* working with Open JDK but not Oracle JDK
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 14:42:05 GMT
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Drew Davis <drewdavis888@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running C* 2.1.4 on an Ubuntu vagrant VM. When I use OpenJDK 8, C*
> works fine. However using Oracle JDK 8, I get the errors listed below. I
> have read that it is not recommended to use Open JDK so I would like to be
> able to use the Oracle JDK. I am stumped on this issue and haven’t been able
> to find much help online. If anyone could point me in the right direction it
> would help a lot.

I'm not sure why you would have problems with Oracle JDK and not
OpenJDK, it's interesting and worth investigating.

That said, we use OpenJDK in production and find it to work just fine.
I'm not sure if there is anything specific behind the current
recommendation to use Oracle, or if it's just in the interest of
lowering variability, but I wish it weren't the case; I wish it were
more important to have our Free Software project supported on the Free
Software JVM.

--
Eric Evans
john.eric.evans@gmail.com