cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <john.eric.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Debian repos (Apache vs DataStax)
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 14:50:34 GMT
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Drew Kutcharian <drew@venarc.com> wrote:

> What’s the difference between the two “Community” repositories Apache (http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian)
and DataStax (http://debian.datastax.com/community/)?

Good question.  All I can tell you is that the Apache repository is
the official one (the only official one).

> If they are just mirrors, then it seems like the DataStax one is a bit behind (version
3.0.6 is available on Apache but not on DataStax).

> I’ve been using the DataStax community repo and wanted to see if I still should continue
using it or switch to the Apache repo.

If it is your intention to run Apache Cassandra, from the Apache
Cassandra project, then you should be using the Apache repo.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@apache.org