cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Srini Sydney <ksrinivas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data platform support
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 15:08:32 GMT
I have a clarification based on your answer -

spark is installed as standalone mode (not hdfs) in SMACK framework. Our data lake is in hdfs
. How do we overcome this ?

 - cheers sreeni

> On 10 May 2016, at 08:16, vincent gromakowski <vincent.gromakowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Maybe a SMACK stack would be a better option for using spark with Cassandra...
>
> Le 10 mai 2016 8:45 AM, "Srini Sydney" <ksrinivas007@gmail.com> a écrit :
>> Thanks a lot..denise
>>
>> On 10 May 2016 at 02:42, Denise Rogers <datagwal@aol.com> wrote:
>>> It really depends how close you want to stay to the most current versions of
open source community products.

>>> Cloudera has tended to build more products that requires their distribution to
not be as current with open source product versions.

>>> Regards,
>>> Denise
>>>
>>> Sent from mi iPhone

mapr or cloudera . Will use hadoop ,hive , zookeeper, and spark in these platforms.