cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Drew Kutcharian <d...@venarc.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Debian repos (Apache vs DataStax)
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 19:11:20 GMT
BTW, the language on this page should probably change since it currently sounds like the official
repo is the DataStax one and Apache is only an “alternative"

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging

- Drew

and DataStax (http://debian.datastax.com/community/)?

>> Good question.  All I can tell you is that the Apache repository is
>> the official one (the only official one).
>>
>>> If they are just mirrors, then it seems like the DataStax one is a bit behind
(version 3.0.6 is available on Apache but not on DataStax).

>>> I’ve been using the DataStax community repo and wanted to see if I still should
continue using it or switch to the Apache repo.