cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joseph Tech <jaalex.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single node Solr FTs not working
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 08:34:06 GMT
Hi,

Fixed this problem finally. The "*name*" attribute for
fieldInputTransformer and fieldOutputTransformer in the solrconfig.xml MUST
have the value "*dse*" . This was the value given in documentation and the
FT blog. I had changed it to a different name to make it more readable, and
seems it got silently ignored. There is no mention about this in the
documentation. If it requires a hardcoded name, i suggest it shouldn't be
exposed as an attribute itself.

<fieldInputTransformer* name="xyz" *class="fqcn.of.XYZInputTransformer"/>
//wont work
<fieldInputTransformer* name="dse" *class="fqcn.of.XYZInputTransformer"/>
//works

Thanks,
Joseph

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Joseph Tech <jaalex.tech@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had verified that it works on a 2-node cluster where one is setup as
> online, and the other as search. That's on our customer env where I don't
> have full access, and this is the only difference I could see so far.
> On Mar 18, 2016 8:15 PM, "Jack Krupansky" <jack.krupansky@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Have you verified that the documented reference example functions as
>> expected on your system? If so, then incrementally morph it towards your
>> own code to discover exactly at which stage the problem occurs. Or just
>> having the reference example side by side with your own code/schema/table
>> will help highlight what the difference is that causes the problem.
>>
>> Doc:
>>
>> http://docs.datastax.com/en/latest-dse/datastax_enterprise/srch/srchTrnsFrm.html
>>
>> -- Jack Krupansky
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Joseph Tech <jaalex.tech@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I had setup a single-node DSE 4.8.x to start in Search mode to explore
>>> some aspects of Solr search with field transformers (FT). Even though the
>>> configuration seems fine and Solr admin shows the indexed data, and
>>> searches on the actual fields (stored=true) work fine, but the FTs are not
>>> being invoked during the indexing and the search using fields managed by
>>> the FT don't work , i.e the evaluate(), addFieldToDocument() etc are not
>>> invoked. There are no ERRORs or similar indications in system.log, and
>>> solrvalidation.log is not having any entries too.
>>>
>>> The only warnings are during node startup for the non-stored fields like
>>> xyz
>>>
>>> WARN  [SolrSecondaryIndex checkout.cart index initializer.] 2016-03-16
>>> 17:24:57,956  CassandraIndexSchema.java:537 - No Cassandra column found for
>>> field: xyz
>>>
>>> The FT configuration was verified by changing the FT's class name in
>>> solrconfig.xml and it threw a ClassNotFoundException, which didnt appear
>>> with the right classname was given.
>>>
>>> The data is being inserted and retrieved from the same node. Please
>>> suggest any pointers to debug this.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph
>>>
>>
>>

Mime
View raw message