cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Denise Rogers <datag...@aol.com>
Subject Re: All subsequent CAS requests time out after heavy use of new CAS feature
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 18:27:42 GMT
My thinking was that due to the size of the data that there maybe I/O issues. But it sounds
more like you're competing for locks and hit a deadlock issue.

Regards,
Denise
Cell - (860)989-3431

Sent from mi iPhone

> On Apr 15, 2016, at 9:00 AM, horschi <horschi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Denise,
>
> in my case its a small blob I am writing (should be around 100 bytes):
>
>      CREATE TABLE "Lock" (
>          lockname varchar,
>          id varchar,
>          value blob,
>          PRIMARY KEY (lockname, id)
>      ) WITH COMPACT STORAGE
>          AND COMPRESSION = { 'sstable_compression' : 'SnappyCompressor', 'chunk_length_kb'
: '8' };

> You ask because large values are known to cause issues? Anything special you have in
mind?

> kind regards,
> Christian
>

>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Denise Rogers <datagwal@aol.com> wrote:
>> Also, what type of data were you reading/writing?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Denise
>>
>> Sent from mi iPad
>>
>>> On Apr 15, 2016, at 8:29 AM, horschi <horschi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jan,
>>>
>>> were you able to resolve your Problem?
>>>
>>> We are trying the same and also see a lot of WriteTimeouts:
>>> WriteTimeoutException: Cassandra timeout during write query at consistency SERIAL
(2 replica were required but only 1 acknowledged the write)

>>> How many clients were competing for a lock in your case? In our case its only
two :-(

>>> cheers,
>>> Christian

for implementing distributed locks.