cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jacques-Henri Berthemet <jacques-henri.berthe...@genesys.com>
Subject RE: how expensive is light weight transaction: if not exists
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:10:29 GMT
Hi,

You can’t batch LWT if they don’t work on the same partition. So in your below queries
all the values of “id” must be the same.

--
Jacques-Henri Berthemet

From: y2klyf@gmail.com [mailto:y2klyf@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jimmy Lin
Sent: mercredi 27 avril 2016 18:14
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: how expensive is light weight transaction: if not exists

hi all,
we like to consider using light weight transaction like the following:
begin batch:
update table set x=y where id=A if not exists;
update table set x=y where id=B if not exists;
update table set x=y where id=C if not exists;
update table set x=y where id=D if not exists;
apply batch
(using LOCAL_QUORUM)
I know there is lot of things going on behind the cass light weight transaction, just how
much overhead when using "if not exists" ?