cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Elsmore <chris.elsm...@demandlogic.co.uk>
Subject Cassandra nodes using internal network to try and talk externally
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 14:49:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a Cassandra 2.2.5 cluster with a datacenter DC03 with 5 nodes in a ring and I have
DC04 with one node.

Setup by default with all nodes talking on the external interfaces works well, no problems,
all nodes in each DC can see and talk to each other.

I’m trying to follow the instructions here http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.2/cassandra/configuration/configMultiNetworks.html
for the node in DC04 in preparation of adding a new node.

When I follow the instructions to set the listen_address to the internal address, broadcast
address to the external address and to set listen_on_broadcast to true, the nodes in DC03
can connect but do not handshake with the node in DC04. The output of ‘lsof -i -P | grep
7000’ shows that the node in DC04 is trying to connect to the IPs of the nodes in DC04 over
the internal network, which obviously doesn’t work.

Any clues? I’m at a loss!

Chris