cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Arun Sandu <arunsandu...@gmail.com>
Subject Snitch for AWS EC2 nondefaultVPC
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 20:12:04 GMT
Hi all,

All our nodes are launched in AWS EC2 VPC (private). We have 2
datacenters(1 us-east , 1- asiapacific) and all communication is through
private IP's and don't have any public IPs. What is the recommended snitch
to be used? We currently have GossipingPropertyFileSnitch.

1. If Ec2MultiRegionSnitch, then what would be the broadcast_address?
2. If not Ec2MultiRegionSnitch, which snitch better fits this environment?

*Ref:*
As per the document Ec2MultiRegionSnitch
<http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/architecture/architectureSnitchEC2MultiRegion_c.html>,set
the listen_address
<http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/configuration/configCassandra_yaml_r.html#reference_ds_qfg_n1r_1k__listen_address>
to the *private* IP address of the node, and the broadcast_address
<http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/configuration/configCassandra_yaml_r.html#reference_ds_qfg_n1r_1k__broadcast_address>
to the *public* IP address of the node.

--
Thanks