cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jacques-Henri Berthemet <>
Subject Updating secondary index options
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 13:45:29 GMT

I'm using Cassandra 2.2.5 with a custom secondary index. It's created with the below syntax:
CREATE CUSTOM INDEX ON users (email) USING '' WITH OPTIONS = {'some_setting':
I'd like to update those settings, I tried the below command based on ALTER TABLE but it does
not work:
cqlsh:test> alter index table_idx WITH OPTIONS = {'some_setting': 'value'};
SyntaxException: <ErrorMessage code=2000 [Syntax error in CQL query] message="line 1:6
no viable alternative at input 'index' ([alter] index...)">

Is there a way to send such updates?

View raw message