cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jacques-Henri Berthemet <jacques-henri.berthe...@genesys.com>
Subject RE: Updating secondary index options
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 17:49:17 GMT
Indeed it’s a custom implementation of PerRowSecondaryIndex, in my case I know it’s safe
to update the particular setting I want update, and it won’t rebuild the index, just provide
the ability to tune some settings.

Even on regular Cassandra indexes that are based on SSTables you could want to update read_repair_chance,
sstable_compression, compaction, caching …

I created the below Jira “Wish”:
CASSANDRA-11306<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11306> Add support for
ALTER INDEX command

For now I’ll have to hack something indeed. I tried to update system tables that holds index
options but it seems I need to restart Cassandra twice to be able to see the changes.

Regards,
--
Jacques-Henri Berthemet

From: Jack Krupansky [mailto:jack.krupansky@gmail.com]
Sent: vendredi 4 mars 2016 18:40
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Updating secondary index options

Is this a secondary indexer of your own design so that you know that changing the options
will be safe for existing index entries?

It might be worth a Jira.

Otherwise, you may jus have to manually go in and hack the information under the hood.

-- Jack Krupansky

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 12:14 PM, DuyHai Doan <doanduyhai@gmail.com<mailto:doanduyhai@gmail.com>>