cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jacques-Henri Berthemet <>
Subject RE: Updating secondary index options
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 14:59:08 GMT
It’s not possible, it’s a PerRowSecondary index, potentially as big as the table itself
(few TBs) it will take a very long time to drop and re-create.

Jacques-Henri Berthemet

From: DuyHai Doan []
Sent: vendredi 4 mars 2016 14:52
Subject: Re: Updating secondary index options

DROP and re-create the index with the new options

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Jacques-Henri Berthemet <<>>

I’m using Cassandra 2.2.5 with a custom secondary index. It’s created with the below syntax:
CREATE CUSTOM INDEX ON users (email) USING '' WITH OPTIONS = {'some_setting':
I’d like to update those settings, I tried the below command based on ALTER TABLE but it
does not work:
cqlsh:test> alter index table_idx WITH OPTIONS = {'some_setting': 'value'};
SyntaxException: <ErrorMessage code=2000 [Syntax error in CQL query] message="line 1:6
no viable alternative at input 'index' ([alter] index...)">

Is there a way to send such updates?

View raw message