cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jun Wu <wuxiaomi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Snitch for AWS EC2 nondefaultVPC
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 20:21:39 GMT
I've worked on some experiments with AWS EC2. According to the doc you provided and from my
own experience, EC2Multiregionsnitich should be the right setting as you have 2 different
datacenters.
In cassandra.yaml: change seeds to public address list, change listen and rpc address to private
address, change broadcast address to public address, use Ec2MultiRegionSnitch.
Hope it works!

Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 15:12:04 -0500
Subject: Snitch for AWS EC2 nondefaultVPC
From: arunsandu666@gmail.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

Hi all,

All our nodes are launched in AWS EC2 VPC (private). We have 2 datacenters(1 us-east , 1-
asiapacific) and all communication is through private IP's and don't have any public IPs.
What is the recommended snitch to be used? We currently have GossipingPropertyFileSnitch.

1. If Ec2MultiRegionSnitch, then what would be the broadcast_address?
2. If not Ec2MultiRegionSnitch, which snitch better fits this environment?

Ref:
As per the document Ec2MultiRegionSnitch,set  the listen_address to the private
          IP address of the node, and the broadcast_address to the public IP address of the
node.
--
Thanks
Arun