cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nirmallya Mukherjee <nirmall...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to create an additional cluster in Cassandra exclusively for Analytics Purpose
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 09:43:34 GMT
You cannot have a cluster within a cluster in C*. In my opinion you have 2 choices -1. Have
a DC3 and replicate data to it. In your app code, include a DC aware RR policy so that the
coordinator is chosen from DC1 or DC2 and not from DC3.2. In case you want to have a different
cluster for OLAP and search then modify your app DAO to insert into two separate clusters.
In this case for all practical purposes these are 2 completely independent C* clusters with
no relationship with each other.
Option 1 is the preferred choice in my view.
Thanks,Nirmallya