cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jean Tremblay <>
Subject Re: Large number of tombstones without delete or update
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 06:43:33 GMT
Same for me. Only inserts not replacing old records.

On 24 Mar,2016, at 07:42, Ralf Steppacher <<>>

I am writing the whole record in a single INSERT INTO ... JSON. I am not "insert-updating"
over an existing record nor do I run any UPDATE statements.

On 24.03.2016, at 01:47, Eric Stevens <<>>

In addition to writing null values acting as tombstones, also INSERTing a collection (or UPDATE
where you set the collection rather than append to it) are also operations which will create

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:09 PM Robert Coli <<>>
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Ralf Steppacher <<>>
How come I end up with that large a number of tombstones?

Are you inserting NULLs?

View raw message