Might be due to this:

Fixed in 2.1.12 (Assuming you are using C*2.1): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-10422

Some question to have more context:

  1. What C* version are you using?
  2. Do you use vnodes?
  3. How many vnodes per node?
  4. How many nodes / DC do you have?
  5. How do you run repairs (tool & command)?

C*heers,

-----------------------
Alain Rodriguez - alain@thelastpickle.com
France

http://www.thelastpickle.com

Yes, we have enabled it on OpsCenter. Is that the reason?

On Feb 29, 2016 8:07 PM, "Dominik Keil" <dominik.keil@movilizer.com> wrote:
Are you using incremental repais?

Am 29.02.2016 um 14:36 schrieb Noorul Islam K M:
Hi all,

We are using below compaction settings for a table

compaction = {'timestamp_resolution': 'MILLISECONDS',
'max_sstable_age_days': '365', 'base_time_seconds': '60', 'class':
'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.DateTieredCompactionStrategy'}

But it is creating too many sstables. Currently number of sstables
is 40000. We have been injecting data for the last three days.

We have set the compactionthroughput to 128 MB/s

$ nodetool getcompactionthroughput

Current compaction throughput: 128 MB/s

But this is not helping.

How can we control the number of sstables in this case?

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

--
Dominik Keil
Phone: + 49 (0) 621 150 207 31

Movilizer GmbH
Julius-Hatry-Strasse 1
68163 Mannheim
Germany

movilizer.com

Visit company website
Reinvent Your Mobile Enterprise

Be the first to know:

Company's registered office: Mannheim HRB: 700323 / Country Court: Mannheim Managing Directors: Alberto Zamora, Jörg Bernauer, Oliver Lesche Please inform us immediately if this e-mail and/or any attachment was transmitted incompletely or was not intelligible.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.