Hi,

I am testing repairs repairs -inc -par and I can see that in all my nodes the numbers of sstables explode to 5k from 5 sstables.

This looks like a known issue, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-10422
Make sure your version is higher than 2.1.12, 2.2.4, 3.0.1, 3.1 to avoid this (and you are indeed facing CASSANDRA-10422).
I am not sure you are facing this though, as you don't seem to be using subranges (nodetool repair -st  and -et options)

It is anyway to run repairs incrementals but not -par ?

I know that is it not possible to run sequential repair with incremental repair at the same time.

From http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/more-efficient-repairs
"Incremental repairs can be opted into via the -inc option to nodetool repair. This is compatible with both sequential and parallel (-par) repair, e.g., bin/nodetool -par -inc <ks> <cf>."
So you should be able to remove -par. Not sure this will solve your issue though.

Did you respect this process to migrate to incremental repairs?
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/operations/opsRepairNodesMigration.html#opsRepairNodesMigration__ol_dxj_gp5_2s

C*heers,
-----------------
Alain Rodriguez
France

The Last Pickle
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Hi guys; The question is on the subject.

I am testing repairs repairs -inc -par and I can see that in all my nodes the numbers of sstables explode to 5k from 5 sstables.

I cannot permit this behaivor on my cluster in production.

It is anyway to run repairs incrementals but not -par ?

I know that is it not possible to run sequential repair with incremental repair at the same time.

Best regards

Jean Carlo

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" Alan Kay