cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Sethi <Saurabh.Se...@veritas.com>
Subject Problem running select with partial partition keys in version 3.3
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2016 00:30:31 GMT
We just upgraded our cluster to version 3.3 and I am not able to run select or delete statements
using partial partition keys in where clause.

It asks me to provide all the partition keys.

But I have only partial partition key info (1 out of two columns) when running a select.

Is there any workaround for this other than redesigning our schema?

For example:

create table if not exists persistent_map (
  pm_namespace text,
  pm_map_name text,
  pm_key text,
  pm_value text,
  primary key ((pm_namespace, pm_map_name), pm_key)
);

I cannot run select * from persistent_map where pm_namespace =3D '...';

Thanks,
Saurabh