cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Priyanka Gugale <pri...@apache.org>
Subject Missing rows while scanning table using java driver
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 06:36:06 GMT
Hi,

I am using Cassandra 2.2.0 and cassandra driver 2.1.8. I am trying to scan
a table as per suggestions given here
<http://www.myhowto.org/bigdata/2013/11/04/scanning-the-entire-cassandra-column-family-with-cql/>,
 On running the code to fetch records from table, it fetches different
number of records on each run. Some times it reads all records from table,
 and some times some records are missing. As I have observed there is no
fixed pattern for missing records.

I have tried to set consistency level to ALL while running select query
still I couldn't fetch all records. Is there any known issue? Or am I
suppose to do anything more than running simple "select" statement.

Code snippet to fetch data:

 SimpleStatement stmt = new SimpleStatement(query);
 stmt.setConsistencyLevel(ConsistencyLevel.ALL);
 ResultSet result = session.execute(stmt);
 if (!result.isExhausted()) {
   for (Row row : result) {
     process(row);
   }
 }

Query is of the form: select * from %t where token(%p) > %s limit %l;

where t=tablename, %p=primary key, %s=token value of primary key and l=limit

I am testing on my local machine and has created a Keyspace with
replication factor of 1. Also I don't see any errors in the logs.

-Priyanka