cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Re : Possibility of using 2 different snitches in the Multi_DC cluster
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 23:19:10 GMT
On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 1:23 PM, sai krishnam raju potturi <
pskraju88@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the possibility of using GossipingPropertFileSnitch on datacenters
> in our private cloud, and Ec2MultiRegionSnitch in AWS?

You should just use GPFS everywhere.

This is also the reason why you should not use EC2MRS if you might ever
have a DC that is outside of AWS. Just use GPFS.

=Rob
PS - To answer your actual question... one "can" use different snitches on
a per node basis, but ONE REALLY REALLY SHOULDN'T CONSIDER THIS A VALID
APPROACH AND IF ONE TRIES AND FAILS I WILL POINT AND LAUGH AND NOT HELP
THEM.... :D