cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain RODRIGUEZ <>
Subject Re: Can't bootstrap a node
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:16:38 GMT
Hi Brian,

Did you noticed this error: "CF 9733d050-d0ed-11e5-904a-5574a0c0fd2a was
dropped during streaming" ?

Are you dropping keyspaces or tables (old name Column Family, CF) during
the bootstrap (maybe as a client app action ?)

Or are you creating KS / CF on both DataCenters before connecting them as
described in ?

Anything else that could be related (any schema changes during the
bootstrap) ?

Alain Rodriguez

The Last Pickle

> I posted this on the IRC but wasn't able to receive any help. I have two
> nodes running 3.0.3. They're in different datacenters, connected by
> openvpn. When I go to bootstrap the new node it handshakes fine, but always
> gets this error while transferring data:
> If I follow the log's advice and run "nodetool bootstrap resume" I get the
> following:
> I'm fairly confident this is not a connection issue, ping is sub-50ms, and
> there isn't any packet loss that I can see. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated, I'd also be happy to give any further debugging info that
> might help. Thanks!

View raw message