cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jason Kania <>
Subject Reenable data access after temporarily moving data out of data directory
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 06:07:06 GMT
I encountered an error in Cassandra or the latest Oracle JVM that causes the JVM to terminate
during compaction in my situation (CASSANDRA 11200). In trying work around the problem and
access the data , I moved the data eg ma-NNN-big-Filter.db, ma-367-big-Data.db etc. out of
the data directory and ran some cleanup commands which allowed the overall compactions to

Now I am wondering how I can get Cassandra to reaccess the data when it is put back into place.
Right now, a SELECT * query on the table returns no results even though the files are back
in place.
Also are there any tools to actually repair the data rather than copy it from a replica elsewhere
because with the JVM error, the database JVMs are not staying up.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

View raw message