cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Charulata Sharma (charshar)" <chars...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Cassandra Data Audit
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:13:00 GMT
Thanks for the responses. I was looking for something available in Cassandra Open Stack not
DSE.
Looks like there isn’t any, so planning to create a Column family and have it populated.

Thanks,
Charu

From: Alain RODRIGUEZ [mailto:arodrime@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:57 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra Data Audit

From http://docs.datastax.com/en/datastax_enterprise/4.6/datastax_enterprise/sec/secAuditCassandraTableColumns.html

I guess you will not have the previous value that easy, yet all the operations seems to be
logged, so looking for the last insert operation on a specific partition should give you the
information you are looking for.

Once again, I never used it, I just wanted to point this to you since it could be what you
are looking for. Maybe someone else will be able to give you some more detailed informations.
If you use DSE, you should be able to ask Datastax directly as this is DSE specific (AFAIK).

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez
France

The Last Pickle
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Hi Alain,

As per the document. Which column of the dse_audit.audit_log will hold the previous or new
data.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com<mailto:arodrime@gmail.com>>