cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Restart Cassandra automatically
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:35:37 GMT
Hi Subharaj,
Cassandra is built to be a Fault tolerant distributed db and suitable for building HA systems.
As Cassandra provides multiple replicas for the same data, if a single nide goes down in Production,
it wont bring down the cluster.
In my opinion, if you target to start one or more failed Cassandra nodes without investigating
the issue, you can damage system health rather than preserve it.
Please set RF amd CL appropriately to ensure that system can afford node failures.
ThanksAnuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, 5 Feb, 2016 at 9:56 am, Debraj Manna<subharaj.manna@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi,

What is the best way to keep cassandra running? My requirement is if for some reason cassandra
stops then it should get started automatically.

I tried to achieve this by adding cassandra to supervisord. My supervisor conf for cassandra
looks like below:-
[program:cassandra]
command=/bin/bash -c 'sleep 10 && bin/cassandra'
directory=/opt/cassandra/
autostart=true
autorestart=true
startretries=3
stderr_logfile=/var/log/cassandra_supervisor.err.log
stdout_logfile=/var/log/cassandra_supervisor.out.log

But it does not seem to work properly. Even if I stop cassandra from
supervisor then the cassandra process seem to be running if I do
ps -ef | grep cassandra

I also tried the configuration mentioned in this question but still no luck.

Can someone let me know what is the best way to keep cassandra running on production environment?
Environment

   - Cassandra 2.2.4
   - Debian 8

Thanks,