cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Edouard COLE <Edouard.C...@rgsystem.com>
Subject RE: Duplicated key with an IN statement
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 14:48:01 GMT
Hello,

When running that kind of query with TRACING ON; I noticed the coordinator is also performing
multiple time the same query

Because the element in the IN statement can involve many nodes, it makes sense to map/reduce
the query, but running multiple time the same sub query should not happen. What if the result
set change? Let’s imagine that query : SELECT * FROM t WHERE key IN (123, 123, …. X1000,
123), and while this query runs, the data for 123 change?

key | value
-----+-------
123 |   456
123 |   456
 123 |   456
 123 |   789 <-- Change here ☹
123 |   789

There’s also something very important: when your table define a tuple being unique for a
specific key, this is a real problem to be able to have a result set having multiple time
the same key, which should be unique. This is why on every SQL implementation, this is not
happening

I think this is a bug

Edouard COLE