cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Peddi, Praveen" <pe...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: Slow performance after upgrading from 2.0.9 to 2.1.11
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 21:57:01 GMT
Hi Rob,
I want to make sure I am not missing anything on my side before creating a jira ticket with
Cassandra. I will wait for others to respond before filing a ticket. May be somebody can give
me a clue of what might be going wrong.

This blog<http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cassandra-2-1-now-over-50-faster> claims
Cassandra is now 50% faster. We are obviously not seeing that.

Praveen

From: Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com<mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com>>
Date: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 3:49 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Slow performance after upgrading from 2.0.9 to 2.1.11

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Peddi, Praveen <peddi@amazon.com<mailto:peddi@amazon.com>>
wrote:
2nd column is replication factor (RF). I have 2 rows for reads and 2 for writes. First row
is RF=1 and 2nd row is RF=3. So when I said increasing RF , I meant from 1 to 3. Sorry the
table is probably not clear.

Ah, I see now, I was mis-aligning visually.

With RF=1, QUORUM is ONE.
With RF=3, QUORUM is <two-nodes-must-agree>.

I agree that your results look suspicious. I would probably file a Jira ticket if I were you,
and let the list know what the id is.

=Rob