cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Peddi, Praveen" <pe...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: Slow performance after upgrading from 2.0.9 to 2.1.11
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 19:49:26 GMT
2nd column is replication factor (RF). I have 2 rows for reads and 2 for writes. First row
is RF=1 and 2nd row is RF=3. So when I said increasing RF , I meant from 1 to 3. Sorry the
table is probably not clear.

Praveen

From: Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com<mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com>>
Date: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 2:44 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Slow performance after upgrading from 2.0.9 to 2.1.11

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Peddi, Praveen <peddi@amazon.com<mailto:peddi@amazon.com>>
wrote:
We have upgraded Cassandra from 2.0.9 to 2.1.11 in our loadtest environment with pretty much
same yaml settings in both (removed unused yaml settings and renamed few others) and we have
noticed performance on 2.1.11 is worse compared to 2.0.9. After more investigation we found
that the performance gets worse as we increase replication factor on 2.1.11 where as on 2.0.9
performance is more or less same. Has anything architecturally changed as far as replication
is concerned in 2.1.11?

What does "as we increase replication factor" mean in your sentence?

The only value I see for replication factor in the rest of your mail is 3?

=Rob