cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Cheng <>
Subject Re: max connection per user
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 02:40:26 GMT
Are you actively exposing your database to users outside of your
organization, or are you just asking about security best practices?

If you mean the former, this isn't really a common use case and there isn't
a huge amount out of the box that Cassandra will do to help.

If you're just asking about security best-practices,
has a brief blurb, and there are many resources online for securing
Cassandra specifically and databases in general- the approaches are going
to be largely the same.

Can you describe what avenues you're expecting either intrusion or DOS?

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM, oleg yusim <> wrote:

> OK Rob, I see what you saying. Well, let's dive into the long questions
> and answers at this case a bit:
> 1) Is there any other approach Cassandra currently utilizes to mitigate
> DoS attacks?
> 2) How about max connection per DB? I know, Cassandra has this parameter
> on JDBC driver configuration, but what be suggested value not to exceed?
> Thanks,
> Oleg
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Robert Coli <> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM, oleg yusim <> wrote:
>>> Quick question, here: does Cassandra have a configuration switch to
>>> limit number of connections per user (protection of DoS attack, security)?
>> Quick answer : no.
>> =Rob

View raw message