cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Herbert Fischer <>
Subject Node stuck when joining a Cassandra 2.2.0 cluster
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 11:01:36 GMT
We run a small Cassandra 2.2.0 cluster, with 5 nodes, on bare-metal servers
and we are going to replace those nodes with other nodes. I planned to add
all the new nodes first, one-by-one, and later remove the old ones,

Although the first new node gets stuck when joining the cluster. I tried
two times, left the node from one day to another, and nothing. I also
executed `nodetool repair` in the new node.

All I see is a lot of errors like the following one referring to the old

WARN  [MessagingService-Incoming-/] 2016-01-05 09:34:26,784 - UnknownColumnFamilyException reading from
socket; closing
org.apache.cassandra.db.UnknownColumnFamilyException: Couldn't find

I also see only one schema version with `nodetool describecluster`.

Snitch: org.apache.cassandra.locator.DynamicEndpointSnitch
Partitioner: org.apache.cassandra.dht.Murmur3Partitioner

Any idea about what might be wrong?

View raw message