cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ajay Garg <ajaygargn...@gmail.com>
Subject Basic query in setting up secure inter-dc cluster
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 05:57:23 GMT
Hi All.

We have a 2*2 cluster deployed, but no security as of now.
As a first stage, we wish to implement inter-dc security.

Is it possible to enable security one machine at a time?

For example, let's say the machines are DC1M1, DC1M2, DC2M1, DC2M2.
If I make the changes JUST IN DC2M2 and restart it, will the traffic
between DC1M1/DC1M2 and DC2M2 be secure? Or security will kick in ONLY
AFTER the changes are made in all the 4 machines?

Asking here, because I don't want to screw up a live cluster due to my lack
of experience.

Looking forward to some pointers.

--
Regards,