cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Richard L. Burton III" <>
Subject Re: Embedded cassandra
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:35:01 GMT
I'm certain you're going to get a lot of users on this mailing list telling
you that's a bad idea. You should read up on Cassandra via datastax website
to understand how Cassandra is designed and works.

There's tools for monitoring and more.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Enrico Olivelli <>

> Hi,
> I' new to Cassandra. I'm evaluating to launch Cassandra daemon inside the
> JVM of my program. This is essentially because I want the lifecycle of
> Cassandra to be managed by my daemon.
> My program can be launched on several machines (in the order of max 10
> instances) and every instance collaborate with others in a peer to peer,
> fully decentralized way. Cassandra seems to be the best java db which can
> be useful for my purpose.
> Is there any experience of Cassandra embedded in production systems ?
> Regards
> Enrico Olivelli

-Richard L. Burton III

View raw message