cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Node stuck when joining a Cassandra 2.2.0 cluster
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 21:33:26 GMT
On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Herbert Fischer <
herbert.fischer@crossengage.io> wrote:

> We run a small Cassandra 2.2.0 cluster, with 5 nodes, on bare-metal
> servers and we are going to replace those nodes with other nodes. I planned
> to add all the new nodes first, one-by-one, and later remove the old ones,
> one-by-one.

It sounds like your bootstraps are hanging. Your streams should restart
after an hour, but probably you want to figure out why they're hanging...

You can also use the auto_bootstrap=false+hibernate repair method for this
process. That's probably what I'd do if I was upgrading the hardware of
nodes in place.

=Rob